Man is the new Woman.
Does that mean that they should be expecting pay cuts or that we should be preparing for raises?
I mean, I'm just sayin'
Two Lady Artists with Bees in Their Bonnets
My name is [Saatchina], I am contacting you from the Saatchi Gallery
here in London. Whilst searching the web I came upon your site and was
impressed by the high standard of work. I would like to tell you about
a new development here at the Saatchi Gallery.
We have created a new resource entitled Your Gallery; this allows
artists to post their work and information on The Saatchi Gallery
site. You can post up to eight images, biographical information,
information about you and your art, as well as your own contact
details and website. This is not a transaction site and there is no
fee, we have created this to assist artists in raising their profile.
Curators, collectors as well as thousands of visitors that we get
everyday have the opportunity to view your work. You have your own
page which you can update as much as you wish. If you are interested
please visit: http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/ or e-mail
[saatchina]@saatchigallery.com for more information.
We'll let you know if we hear back.
Thank you very much for bringing the Saatchi site to my attention and inviting me to participate. I will definitely check it out.
Would you mind telling me how you came upon my email address, as it is not posted on my website?
In deciding the validity of legislation under the Due Process Clause, courts must first inquire whether the legislation restricts the exercise of a fundamental right, one that is "deeply rooted in this Nation's history and tradition." [references to precedent court cases deleted] In this case, whether the right in question is "fundamental" depends on how it is defined. The right to marry is unquestionably a fundamental right. [references to precedent court cases deleted] The right to marry someone of the same sex, however, is not "deeply rooted," it has not even been asserted until relatively recent times. The issue then becomes whether the right to marry must be defined to include a right to same-sex marriage.Huh? How does that follow? You just re-defined marriage yourself!
There are at least two grounds that rationally support the limitation on marriage that the Legislature has enacted… both of which are derived from the undisputed assumption that marriage is important to the welfare of children.
First, the Legislature could rationally decide that, for the welfare of children, it is more important to promote stability, and to avoid instability, in opposite-sex than in same-sex relationships. Heterosexual intercourse has a natural tendency to lead to the birth of children; homosexual intercourse does not … The Legislature could also find that such [heterosexual] relationships are all too often casual or temporary. It could find that an important function of marriage is to create more stability and permanence in the relationships that cause children to be born. It thus could choose to offer an inducement – in the form of marriage and its attendant benefits – to opposite sex couples who make a solemn, long-term commitment to each other
A person's preference for the sort of sexual activity that cannot lead to the birth of children is relevant to the State's interest in fostering relationships that will serve children best.
2. Gentrification encourages you to explore new and exciting neighborhoods in ever further reaches of the five boroughs.
3. Choosing between cutting your own hair and making your own shoes builds character.
4. Choosing between making your own art and keeping up with the blog (*ahem*) also builds character.
5. The privilege of making expensive decor for rich peoples' homes continually reinvigorates your class consciousness.
6. Varying degrees of success among your friends challenges you to an ever higher level of grace and good manners.
7. Art world gossip is some of the funnest around, except when it involves us.
8. Provided you cultivate the "right" "friends," you can amass a large collection of classy artwork without paying a dime.
9. Even when you think you're doing great, the constant drumbeat of other peoples' more fantastic successes keeps you humble.
10. Artists and "creative types" are irrepressible non-conformists and feel free to stop with 9.
**for more information on how this can work for you, write to us at email@example.com