Top 10 Reasons to Love Being an Artist (don't say your parents, school guidance counselor and shrink didn't warn you, you big whiny crybabies):
2. Gentrification encourages you to explore new and exciting neighborhoods in ever further reaches of the five boroughs.
3. Choosing between cutting your own hair and making your own shoes builds character.
4. Choosing between making your own art and keeping up with the blog (*ahem*) also builds character.
5. The privilege of making expensive decor for rich peoples' homes continually reinvigorates your class consciousness.
6. Varying degrees of success among your friends challenges you to an ever higher level of grace and good manners.
7. Art world gossip is some of the funnest around, except when it involves us.
8. Provided you cultivate the "right" "friends," you can amass a large collection of classy artwork without paying a dime.
9. Even when you think you're doing great, the constant drumbeat of other peoples' more fantastic successes keeps you humble.
10. Artists and "creative types" are irrepressible non-conformists and feel free to stop with 9.
**for more information on how this can work for you, write to us at email@example.com