From the same wellspring of megalomania that produced Broadsheet, the award*-winning paper 'zine, we proudly bring you BROADSHEET, The Blog.
Just so you know, we collaborators, That Broad and This Broad, have lovingly and joyously planned this blog for months. We got our 'look' together, we scanned all the back issues of the 'zine (see list at left), we zealously and jealously read the other leading art blogs and plotted our smashing entrance upon the scene. We then assembled a list of themes so brilliant, so feminist, and yet so unpredictable, showcasing minds so fiercely engaged with the issues of our day and interests so vast, so appropriately broad, that we felt perfectly at ease with our entitlement--no, our responsibility--to blog. That is, until it came time to actually post something.
We became flustered, we developed writer's block, we dilly-dallied, we flip-flopped, and we wrote columns that were just plain stupid. We found other Very Important things we had to do first, like watch all the season finales of our favorite shows on TV.
So, as it was with losing our virginity--separately, of course--oh those many lifetimes ago, let's just get this over with.
Here's a short list of what the future of BS might bring:
- Proof that the only thing cooler than Williamsburg right now is hating Williamsburg
- Evidence of the many other Jack Pierson-like art scandals that are all around us, tragically un-publicized
- Reasons we agonize over why, if Grey's Anatomy is such a great show, we are embarrassed to admit we watch it
- Arguments about why most people who don't eat meat do wear leather
- Master lists of artists who do mean things to women (in their pictures, we mean!)
- Musings about what it might mean when liberals brag about their techniques for dodging taxes
- Discussion of what it is exactly that makes someone a "hipster" and why noone will admit to being one
- Bafflement over why Eric Fischl needs a website, and why his website is so lame
- And finally! It just wouldn't be an art blog if we didn't dissect Jerry Saltz now and then
Gah! We're so glad that's over with.
See you tomorrow!